SAKAE TOWN Livelihood Support Guide

1. Emergency

Fire Department (0476-95-0119)

(1) Emergency phone numbers

There are four phone numbers to call for different types of emergencies. Calls are taken 24 hours a day.

  • Ambulance (illness, injury)   119 (Fire Department)
  • Fire    119 (Fire Department)
  • Traffic accidents  110 (Police)
  • Crime  110 (Police)

(2) Information to provide

  • If you dial 119 or 110, the operator will ask you where you need the fire engine or the police car.
  • Stay calm and speak slowly and loudly.
  • If you cannot explain in Japanese, ask your friends or somebody near you who can speak Japanese.
  • Learn to give your address in Japanese.
  • When you give them directions, tell them about a building or prominent object that can help them find you. Then, they will be able to arrive faster.

1.If you call 119, inform:

  • Fire or emergency
  • Location
  • Your name

2.If you call 110, inform:

  • What happened (for example, traffic accident or a crime)
  • Location or address
  • Your name

* If you call the police, they will send an ambulance if someone is injured.

(3) Medical emergencies

  • If you need an ambulance due to sudden illness or injury, call 119.
  • You can call 119from land-line phones, pay phones, or cell phones.
  • If you dial 119, you will be connected to the Fire Defense Command Center.
  • The operator will ask whether you are reporting a fire (kaji) or an emergency kyukyu). So, say "Emergency (kyukyu)" calmly.
  • Tell the operator where the emergency patient or injured person is, giving him/her a landmark.
  • Tell the operator "What" happened to "Who" and "Where" clearly.
  • Give the operator the number of the emergency patient(s) or injured people, their age and sex, if necessary.
  • Finally, give your name and the number of the telephone you are calling from.

* Emergency calls are free. The 119 ambulance service is provided free of charge. If the illness or injury is minor and the patient can be transported in a private car or taxi, an ambulance service may not be used.

(4) Fire

  • In the case of a fire, call out "Fire! or Kajida!" in a loud voice to let the neighbors know that there is a fire.
  • If flames spread to the ceiling or other parts of the house and you cannot put them out, call 119.

(5) Traffic accidents

1.If you are the victim of an accident (you have sustained injuries)

A. Exchange information

  • Confirm the address, name, phone number, and license plate number of the other party.
  • Be sure to give your name, address, and phone number to the other party.

B. Report to the police

  • Notify the police by calling 110.
  • Call the police because you will need a traffic accident certificate later when you seek damages from the other party or the insurance company.

C. Go to a hospital and receive a medical certificate.

  • The certificate is necessary when you make a claim for medical expenses against the other party or the insurance company.
  • Even if the injury is minor, be sure to receive a medical certificate from a doctor.

D. Prepare a certificate of employment

  • If your injury is so severe that you cannot work, notify your employer (company) and have a certificate of employment prepared.
  • When you make a claim for damages due to taking leave of absence from work to the other party or the insurance company, you will need the certificate.

* If you are injured in a traffic accident, compensation will be provided to you by the compulsory automobile liability insurance and voluntary insurance of the party responsible.
* If you are involved in a traffic accident while on duty or on the way to or from work, you will also receive compensation from the Workers' Accident Compensation Insurance.

2.If you are the offender (you are responsible for the accident)

If you cause a traffic accident, stop your vehicle immediately, assist any injured people, and take measure to prevent hazards on the road. Then, call the police.

3.Obtain a traffic accident certificate

  • A "Traffic Accident Certificate" issued by the Japan Safe Driving Center provides the details of the traffic accident.
  • The certificate is necessary when you make a claim against the insurance company. Application forms are available at a koban (police box) in your neighborhood and police stations as well as the police station near the accident site.
  • Application can be made by a party involved in a traffic accident (at-fault or non-fault), the relative or the employer who has the right to seek damages, or the beneficiary.
  • If you do not report the traffic accident to the police, you will not be able to obtain a traffic accident certificate.

(6) Crime

If you fall victim to purse snatching, home burglary, violence, stalking, or an organized crime group, consult with the koban (police box) or police station near you. In the case of an emergency, call 110.

(7) Other emergencies (lost items, etc.)

1.If you lose your passport

  • If you lose your passport, apply for a "Loss Notification Certificate" at your nearest koban or police station immediately.
  • After that, file an application for reissuance at your embassy or consulate of your home country in Japan. At that time, you will need the receipt number listed on the loss notification form. Therefore, make sure that you have the number (or a copy of the loss notification form) with you.

2.If you lose your residence card or special permanent resident certificate

  • A residence card and special permanent resident certificate can be abused because they contain personal information.
  • If you lose them, notify the police station or koban (police box) near you as soon as possible. Within 14 days of the date of loss, apply for reissuance of the residence card at the Immigration Services Agency in your area and apply for reissuance of the special permanent resident certificate at the municipal office in your area.
  • If your residence card or special permanent resident certificate is damaged, you will have to apply for reissuance. Take your damaged residence card to the Immigration Services Agency, or your special permanent resident certificate to the municipal office and apply for reissuance.

(1) 緊急ダイヤル


  • 救急(病気やけがなど) 119(消防)
  • 火事  119(消防)
  • 交通事故  110(警察)
  • 犯罪  110(警察)



  • 119番、110番にダイヤルすると、消防車やパトカーが行くべき場所について聞かれます。
  • 落ち着いてゆっくりと、大きな声で話してください。
  • 日本語で説明できないときは、日本語を話せる知人や近くにいる人に頼みましょう。
  • 自分の住所については、日ごろから日本語で話せるように練習しておきましょう。
  • 警察、消防へ場所を伝えるときは、近くの目印となる建物などを伝えると早く到着することができます。


  • 火事、救急か
  • 場所はどこか
  • 自分の名前


  • 何が起きたか(交通事故か犯罪かといった状況)
  • 場所はどこか(起きた場所または住所)
  • 自分の名前




  • 急病やけがなどで救急車を必要とするとき119番へ通報します。
  • 119番へは固定電話、公衆電話、携帯電話のいずれからもかけられます。
  • 電話で119番にかけると、消防司令センターにつながります。
  • 消防署の職員は「火事」か「救急」かを聞きますから、落ち着いて「救急」と答えます。
  • 急病人やけが人のいる場所と目印を伝えます。
  • 「だれが」どこで」「どうした」を要領よく簡単に伝えます。
  • 急病人・けが人の人数とその人の年齢や性別なども必要に応じて答えます。
  • 最後に自分の名前と使用している電話番号を伝えます。




  • 火事のときは、「火事だ」と大きな声で近所の人に知らせましょう。
  • 天井に火が燃え移るなど自分で消せそうもない場合は、119番へ通報します。




ア. お互いの確認

  • 事故の相手の住所、氏名、電話番号、車のナンバーなどを確認しましょう。
  • 相手にも、自分の名前、住所、電話番号を必ず告げてください。


  • ただちに最寄りの警察(電話110番)に連絡。
  • 後日、事故の相手や保険会社に被害補償を請求するために、交通事故証明が必要になりますから、必ず警察に連絡しましょう。


  • 事故の相手や保険会社に治療費などを請求するときに必要です。
  • けがの程度が軽くても、必ず医師の診察を受け診断書をつくってもらいましょう。


  • 仕事ができないほどのけがをした場合は事業主(会社)に連絡し、就労証明書を作成してもらいましょう。
  • 事故の相手や保険会社に休業損害の請求を行うときに、事業主が作成した就労証明書が必要となります。

※ 交通事故でけがをした場合は、事故の相手の自賠責保険や任意保険で補償が受けられます。
※ 勤務中や通勤途中で交通事故にあった場合、労災保険からも補償が受けられます。




  • 「交通事故証明書」は、交通事故があったことを自動車安全運転センターが証明するものです。
  • 保険会社に請求するときなどにも必要になります。申込用紙は事故現場の警察でなくても、お住まいの近くの交番にもおいてあります。
  • 請求する人は、被害者・加害者・損害賠償請求権のある親族・雇い主・保険金の受取人などでもかまいません。
  • 警察へ届け出ていない交通事故は証明書をもらえませんので、ご注意を。







  • パスポートを紛失したときは、すみやかに「遺失届出証明書」を近くの警察で発行してもらってください。
  • その後、母国の在日大使館・領事館で再発行の手続をとります。そのとき、遺失届に記載されている受理番号が必要になりますので、必ずメモをとるか、紛失届の控えをお持もちください。


  • 在留カードや特別永住者証明書は個人情報が記載されているので、悪用されるおそれがあります。
  • なくした場合は、至急近くの警察署か交番に紛失したことを届け、紛失した日から14日以内に、在留カードは居住地の出入国在留管理庁で、特別永住者証明書は居住地の市区町村の役所で、再発行の手続を行ってください。
  • 在留カードや特別永住者証明書が割れたりした場合にも作り直すことになります。その場合も、今まで使っていた在留カードは出入国在留管理庁に持参し、特別永住者証明書は市区町村の役所に持参して、再発行の手続を行ってください。